Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Religion is evil


Sermon of Truth



Religion: The Three Evil Abrahamic Faiths

You’re a good person, you’re kind to animals, you give to charity, you help others and you go to church every Sunday, pray for a better world with more love and compassion, why can’t everyone else see what you can see? Religion is love, its sharing, its forgiveness and understanding your fellow man, helping each other on this journey to the afterlife. How can people be so wicked to one another? Why can’t everyone be like me? Only – in reality, you are supporting, albeit with good intentions, something that is fundamentally based on a very evil premise: Believe in an ancient text, or burn in the flames of hell for eternity. The ultimate threat of violence. Divine intimidation.

Can’t you see this is WRONG? That religion is sanctioned lunacy.

“But you don’t have ‘Faith.’” Faith! What a word – a gold star to whoever invented that word! A single word to dismiss any reasoned argument, genius. Faith, miracles, magic – call it what you will, just don’t force it upon on me, my country, our vulnerable children.


People have always looked to the stars and asked where, why, how? How do I fit in? Where does it all end? Having no answer is terrifying; it’s enough to drive a person mad. It’s enough to want to believe any answer people will suggest with the flimsiest of evidence, especially people in authority. I am rather inclined to agree with Jesse Bering and his book ‘The God Instinct’ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1857885600/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie...
Which argues that religion is actually a natural part of human evolution – how we evolved religion as a survival tool – uniting groups, answering terrifying questions – fulfilling our innate need to answer questions such as who we are and where we came from. The Indians danced and prayed for rain until it came – proof of God! So I understand why so many people still believe today, they are basically scared of an unknown alternative, and hey, there are millions of people who think the same as me, so I can’t be wrong! Right? 


Of course religion does a lot of good in the world, that can’t be denied, it brings hope to millions and helps people deal with life, helps them to explain the inexplicable. It’s the ultimate wishful thinking, an evolved coping method. The African child born with AIDS, parents slaughtered before them – well, they can at least look forward to the Kingdom of Heaven to be reunited again, give them something to look forward to when this world is their hell. 

I remember once some Jehovah’s witnesses came knocking on my door, I could see the genuine pity in their eyes as I informed them that I had indeed read the bible, that I had studied ancient history and that I had come to the glaring conclusion that they were quite wrong. But instead of the usual anger they encounter I think they were a little taken aback at the pity they saw in my eyes, at their wasted lives, at the evil they spread. 

However, the only true people of faith I can respect are indeed those who try to convince others to join them. Think about it. You truly live in a world of angels and demons, a vengeful god and his divine son, a real devil! Christ! I’d be genuinely terrified! I think I would actually go mad. But if I didn’t, I would surely look around at all the millions of lost souls destined for the flames and try my all to save them! I’d do anything, anything! To prevent their terrible fate – but no – most followers seem content to cherry pick the best bits of the bible, i.e. V.I.P. pass through the pearly gates, go to church once a month and not worry about my soul, how very Christian of you! 

“Oh I’m a Christian, of course.”

“Have you read the bible?”

“Well… I’ve read the important bits”

“I see…. So you attend church, avoid sinning, and pray for my soul?”

“Well, I live a Christian life yes, I mean, not like that, as such, my faith is more personal.”

“Oh, ok, I understand.”

Surely in a universe of angels and flames religion could only be an obsession! How can you partly believe in something as totally fantastical as religion and not fully embrace it?! In many ways I can see how the faith of Islam produces such radical followers following this logic – generally, their religion seems so much more immersive in day to day life: pray five times a day, eat certain foods, religious schools, it seems many Christians are happy to be part time worshipers, doing the very minimum to call themselves Christians and still being able to look in the mirror. Surely it’s an all or nothing thing? I mean, you believe in a god! In a devil! Fuck! 

Religion is child abuse. Fact. I’m not talking about sexual child abuse, although of course that is practically encouraged in some religions, I’m not even talking about the mutilation of infantile genitalia that under any other pretext would be a revolting crime, no – I refer to the literal brainwashing of children from the day they are born – depriving them of the freedom to choose, and perpetuating the evil of religion for all time. I believe in the freedom of worship, it’s an important human right – but at what cost? That every child is brainwashed to believe an evil fantasy story? Scared beyond death to obey a fictional god? How millions of sexually repressed Muslim men grow up to hate and despise women? How millions of Jews believe they are a chosen race, a superior people? How millions of Christians spread the word of their god that plans to burn my soul forever while they systematically abuse children, warn against the use of condoms in Africa, oppose abortion and repress women and homosexuals? You are a party to this evil. 

Sometimes I meet people who try to say that religious texts should not be taken literally! That it’s all a message that is hard to understand in this modern era. So, I ask them what parts should I not take literally? Adam and Eve? The talking donkey? Creation theory? – oh ok! These are just figurative messages – ok – so, what about the fundamental, nay, the very pinnacle of the Christian faith – that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead – how should I interpret that? If literally – then, to me, you are saying you believe in magic – (you say miracles) – you live in a world of magic and gods and eternal hell! Wow! – if you say that it’s more of a message about sacrifice – well, then how can you believe anything at all in that old book written by self-interested old men? Wake up! Get real!

I love fantasy books, I’m even writing one myself (Not a Scientology type one) But I couldn’t help but notice a flaw in the plot of your story. It seems Judas gets a very bad press indeed, everyone seems to hate him, epic snitch! But……. If he hadn’t gone to the Romans…… if Jesus hadn’t been caught and had died peacefully in a rocking chair – well, perhaps Christianity and Islam wouldn’t quite be as in vogue as they are now? So, really, Judas is the unsung hero of Christianity? Because without him, if he ever even really existed, maybe you’d be worshiping Jupiter now? 

I think Jesus was a very clever and totally insane amateur magician, telling people what they wanted to hear, guess it worked! Maybe he was a bit like David Koresh? Apart from the same barber? After a while, after the lie goes so deep, you believe it yourself, and if you’re a gifted manipulator and orator, well, the gullible masses will swarm to you like flies on shit. “Heaven? really? Wow! That’s exactly what I wanted to hear! Here’s all my money.” It’s easy to see how with the passage of time facts become myth! I can see it now! How in three hundred years, then three thousand years L. Ron Hubbard will be the new Jesus! And Tom Cruise a saint. I’m sure Pontius Pilate didn’t think twice that the madman he killed would ever be thought of again! I wouldn’t have a problem with people choosing to believe in fantasy aside from the fact that this evil affects my world too – my life, everyone. 

I really am fascinated by religion; in this modern age of science its remarkable how many people maintain a faith. I think many are too scared to admit the truth – scared to acknowledge that their forefathers have lived a complete lie for countless generations, scared to accept that maybe when we die there is just a black void of nothingness – but don’t be afraid or embarrassed for the choices others inflicted upon you, be brave! Stand up for common sense. Make a rational choice to free yourself from the oppressive yolk of religion. 

I’ve often wondered why such a powerful God would demand to be worshipped? It’s such a bizarre concept to me. I’ll create this world and the heavens, free entry – just as long as you totally praise me, and my cool son, (that you killed,) and make me feel so damn valued! Yes! Worship me! P.S. if you don’t hell forever! At least that threat is not just in the small print, it’s hard to escape the fact after reading the Bible or Quran than ¾ is stick and 1/3 carrot. I guess this was a good ratio to control the peasants two thousand years ago, terrify them into submission, abuse them, extort them, grant them access to a celestial fantasy club……and repeat. 


Even if god appeared before me now, irrefutably, and demanded I join his merry band of followers – I’d refuse! Because - the premise is fundamentally evil. Religion is a threat. It’s bullying on an epic scale, nothing more. I could never be part of something evil. Something that purports to be loving and merciful yet casts you down for not believing! What if I was born in Pakistan and my entire family are devout Muslims, I’m brainwashed from birth to believe totally in the Quran, but the answer is the Bible! D’oh! What choice did I have?! Never mind, I’ve time to regret that decision my parents made for me in hell, forever! Such a loving God.


To the brainwashed that read this shaking their pious heads, perhaps thinking me a demon trying to steal their souls – I won’t try and reason with you, as I would not try and reason with my cat, for those who use the word ‘faith’ to justify their beliefs cannot be reasoned with – but maybe this will make even one person take a good hard look at themselves and realise the evil that underpins their religion and walk away. I’m not an atheist – I don’t have the answers, I don’t know if there is a god or not, I’m just willing to bet my eternal soul that your faith is false, and that for all the good it may do, is vastly outweighed by the evil it causes – and – the principal – that is it simply utter fabrication. 


If I’m wrong, and I get to ask Almighty God one question before he casts me down to the fiery lakes, I’d say, “Why? Why didn’t you give us more evidence? It makes no sense!”


In a strange attack to undermine my values and deflect attention from the irrefutable points I’ve made some fools attempt to call me a hypocrite. So, you celebrate Christmas? You eat Easter eggs? You like to admire Cathedrals? How can someone so opposed to religion do this! Well it’s pretty simple really! In this modern era these events have no religious significance to the vast majority of people – they have become cultural celebrations, an excuse for fun. Yes, the origins are fantastical, almost laughable if it wasn’t so evil, but gladly more and more people realise that religion is wrong, false, and wicked. 

The solution? Well, there isn’t one. In foreign nations the system of brainwashing is so utterly assimilated into the fabric of life that it seems impossible that it will ever change, we can but hope that in the west more and more people will walk away from poisonous fantasy faiths. If you do insist upon believing, then I plead that you at least give your children time to form their own judgements for themselves, let them be free to be wrong, don’t brainwash them with false love. 

So this is my first blog entry! This blog will share my passions and views on current affairs! The next topic won’t be religion I promise! Write on! :D Gods be with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment